View Single Post
Old 03-10-2013, 12:27 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by groovypq View Post
Not to hijack, but has RSVPing gone out of style or something? I know there have been a lot of posts here about wayward wedding RSVPs; now you can add baby shower RSVPs to the list.
I just don't think people know or realize what proper etiquette is.

For instance, two classmates of mine are getting married this upcoming summer. They are the classic Facebook over sharers: photos of everything, constant updates of how many days and hours are left, reposts of engagement pictures, and pictures of them making out with the caption "Cannot wait!". (They also only dated four months before getting engaged but I can't judge that too heavily: I'm not in the relationship).

Recently, two of my close friends got an email on which they were one of like twenty people. The email read along the lines of "We don't have the ability to send you an invite but we still want you to come to our wedding!" I was shocked that they had done it via email while my friends were shocked to be invited. They hadn spoken in about a year.

To compound the rudeness, this couple is posting on all the invitees ( both mail and email) asking if they could hurry up and send in their RSVPs for a summer wedding!!!! (They are a couple of weeks before me and I am mailing them in late April at the two month mark). Does this smell of B list to anyone else?

I don't know. I know "to each their own" for a wedding but this just seems rude upon rude.

LET'S GO BIG RED!
Let me teach you how to Bucky!