Old 09-01-2012, 12:55 PM
GreekChat Member

HOUSE TOUR DAY!

I was so nervous to get my invite list for this day- when I opened it I saw:
Arlington
Abilene
Dallas
Houston

I wasn’t disappointed simply because Dallas was my favorite house- it completely blew every other house out of the water and I loved it more than any other one. I just didn’t want to go back to Houston.

Again, the first house I went to was ABILENE- Their house from the front isn’t the most attractive, I think, but it is stately. And the inside was absolutely beautiful. This house felt sooo comfortable to me. I really liked both girls who led us around and they had the CUTEST little drinks for us. The decor was SO cute, personal and showed how great their sisterhood really was. I lovedddd this house! They were definitely growing on me.

Next was ARLINGTON- They have one of the most impressive, stately houses on campus. It is mind blowing. I really enjoyed house tour because it is just so beautiful but instead of a homey feeling there was more of an uptight, dorm feeling, and the girls who led us around also seemed uncomfortable and uptight, and all of the conversations were forced. There just wasn’t a feeling of “home” here.

Next house was HOUSTON- There still wasn’t a connection with these girls. And their house wasn’t as impressive as the others. The tour was even awkward by itself. Again, the feeling of “home” lacked.

DALLAS- Of course, Dallas was amazing. Their house is so, so cool. The décor is so interesting. There were odd things about this house, though. The girl I was paired with seemed a little uncomfortable with me even though I tried to alleviate it. Also, I kept comparing it to Abilene, interestingly enough. The décor of the bedrooms in both houses is very similar.

So for Pref night I chose DALLAS and ABILENE and released ARLINGTON and HOUSTON. I was the most nervous this night! I just had no connection with the other two houses any more.