View Single Post
Old 09-30-2003, 05:01 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Designergal3
at MICHIGAN....
The system was changed so houses that always made quota in previous years had to make heavier cuts after each of the rounds. Houses that were bigger were only allowed to invite back 300 of the 750 women for 2nd sets while the smaller houses could invite as many as wanted to return. The same level of cuts happened after the other sets as well.
So, after 1st set the "big" houses had to release more than half! And when you say the ame level of cuts happened after eash round, do you mean the big houses had to always cut half and the smaller got to invite as many as they wanted? If that's the case, that hardly seems fair. But maybe I am reading that part wrong.

Regardless, I can't imagine having to cut over half the women. I can understand making the larger groups cut more before 3rd round, but isn't it unfair to the PNMs that the larger houses are forced into not being able to give the PNM a second chance? We were a "top" chapter and there were some girls who stuck out in Round 1, but many of our quality PNMs didn't show their true (read - calmer and not so nervous) selves until 2nd or 3rd round. We used release figures when I was Rush chair, but they weren't huge and it usually came down to deciding between about 5 women. I can't imagine having to cut so many...Ugh...