View Single Post
Old 03-18-2008, 02:37 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SECdomination View Post
Here, in Florida, I think we get a lot less help from the private schools. Bolles and Stanton out of Jacksonville are great, and The First Academy out of Orlando, but that's about it.
I don't really know about the others at UF, but in my chapter we rely heavily on the "public-schools-that-might-as-well-be-private". Plant (Tampa), Nease (Ponte Vedra Beach), Lake Brantley, Lake Mary, Boone (Orlando) are good examples.
The "public-schools-that-might-as-well-be-private" is alot of what the Delta is. I take that back...alot of the schools aren't wealthy at all, but the people who are go to the UofA, the ones that aren't end up at UCA, SAU, or elsewhere. Very stratified.

Bolles is definitely a great school from everything I've been told.

The tier system of Universities is very based on the schools which the University recruits from.

Ole Miss and Alabama all have lots of people from Jackson and Mobile. Key recruiting areas in terms of top-notch fraternity men.

Texas has the entire state, which include cities I've mentioned before (HP, Tyler, parts of Houston)

Part of Kentucky's problem is that it draws alot from Ohio...which isn't so good. This is my problem with Arkansas (which draws heavily from the north Dallas, Oklahoma, and Missouri, and northwest Arkansas) Just my opinion, though.
Overall, though, it's the bigness of the car that counts the most. Because when something bad happens in a really big car – accidentally speeding through the middle of a gang of unruly young people who have been taunting you in a drive-in restaurant, for instance – it happens very far away – way out at the end of your fenders. It's like a civil war in Africa; you know, it doesn't really concern you too much. - P.J. O'Rourke

Last edited by Elephant Walk; 03-18-2008 at 02:42 PM.