View Single Post
Old 04-03-2017, 07:01 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeychile View Post
I was the youngest delegate to the 19** Democratic National Convention. I was being groomed for a political office, and was in on a LOT of the "smoke-filled rooms" (which are actually trailers in this day & age). Anyhow, I wasn't naive, I knew what to expect - for the most part. I was surprised, however, that I was expected sign off on the Platform - which contained certain issues that I could not morally support.

I still worked for my candidate, and the White House, but once it was over, I got out of politics. The more I thought about some of the planks, the more I realized that I could NOT be a Democrat and be pro-life.

Unfortunately, I live in a state where being an Independent means not voting in the Primaries. So, I became a Republican - realizing, of course, that No Political Party Has A Monopoly On The Truth!

I'm still a Republican, more because I support the GOP's agenda more than that of the Democratic agenda (and the very thought of a First Lady who wasn't even born in the USA turns my stomach!!).
Honeychile, you still with the GOP? This thread is super interesting to read Ann y'all responses but yours stuck out because of the First Lady part.