View Single Post
Old 12-14-2013, 06:35 PM
GreekChat Member

How I finally found my Sorority Home

I finally joined a sorority as a college junior in the fall of 2012 but I didn't start my journey there.

As a Freshman at Moravian College I knew I wanted Greek life, I was also slightly obsessed with the show Greek. During recruitment I got cold feet right away, I just didn't get a strong pull for any of the chapters there, I then transferred home and went out again at ESU in the Spring of 2011. I had done all and I mean ALL of my research before recruitment. I dug up all the quick facts, philanthropies, campus reps...you name it. I was very conservative with how I acted that recruitment and really only wanted a certain sorority we will call it sorority A. When I met sorority A I was quickly disillusioned. Some of the girls were really nice and just what I expected, but the primary concern was could I pay their insane dues, I was not a fan.
When I went to my other choices, sororities L, S, and T I really liked all of them but L had a crazy rep and I didn't want that association. So S and T it was, and I was really surprised S was my last pick and T was kinda meh on my list but just as I got excited about rush I was dropped. I was totally devastated and I didn't know what I did wrong. In my classes I realized there were a lot of S sisters in my classes and got to know them. At the end of the semester one of the sisters asked me if I would want to be kept on the sorority mailing list and I agreed.
I came out for the informal recruitment in the fall and immediately knew I wanted S or T. With that I went for my first event with S and I just never left, and this time around I made sure I was relaxed and more myself and I fit in with S perfectly! I was still really nervous but went through with pref and on bid day I got my bid! and I love it to death, If you are going out, be yourself, show yourself to your best advantage and enjoy the ride