View Single Post
Old 09-25-2018, 09:48 PM
GreekChat Member

Monday, Conclusion: Bid Day!

I woke up the next morning and momentarily forgot what day it was. Suddenly, I remembered. I hadn’t received a release phone call. One of my closest friends and I walked to Hogg that evening with all of the other girls who had had bids extended to them. They passed out the envelopes, and we sat as the Panhellenic Team congratulated us on surviving the week. As I sat in the auditorium, envelope in hand, I didn’t feel the same nervous jitters that many of the girls next to me were experiencing. The girl to my left, a sophomore who had been unhappy with the house she joined freshman year but had acted as an unbiased and sweet guide for me throughout the week, ended up receiving an invitation to Mango Peach Lemonade. I can say with complete sincerity that I was happy for her. When I opened my envelope and saw Blueberry Cobbler on my bid card, I was overcome with joy. I had known that I would see their name on my card, but something about seeing it and holding it in my hand made it feel that much more real. There was no surprise, no nervous anticipation, just the comfort of knowing that I was being welcomed into a sisterhood that accepted me for who I was. Bid day was a blast, our new member meetings have been a ton of fun, and I already look up to my big sister more than anyone else.

I know that a few of you might be wondering where I received a bid from. Who exactly IS Blueberry Cobbler?
I happily ran home to...

ALPHA DELTA PI!

I am over the moon about joining this sisterhood!

I apologize if my story has been too drawn out, too detailed, or too uneventful. My favorite recruitment stories to read were always the vivid ones, the kind where I felt as though I were experiencing every thought and emotion that the poster had experienced. My story definitely isn’t perfect like some of the other girls I’ve talked with or like some of the stories I’ve read about on this website, but I’m proud. I’m proud of my friends (who mostly ended up as Watermelon Popsicles and Vanilla Cream Puffs), each of the chapters on my campus, the other 1,000 girls that went through recruitment, and I’m proud of myself. But most importantly, I’m proud to be an ADPi! PLAM!