View Single Post
Old 07-29-2008, 07:50 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elephant Walk View Post
Where the hell do y'all live?
Please... there is crime EVERYWHERE. Don't fuel the falacy that it doesn't happen, even jokingly. I went to a private school my first two years and I can tell that it doesn't matter how much you pay or what town your school is in.

College is so full of new experiences, that sometimes it's hard to see what is happening right in front of you (or behind you). Criminals prey on the non-suspecting.

A girl in my suite (of 10) was raped in her own bed on the first Thursday night of classes. How? She had gone to a party and left her keys and ID (she had one of those plastic id holders) somewhere at the party. Someone took them and followed her home. Drunk, she just knocked on the suite door and one of the girls in my suite let her in. He unlocked the suite door, then opened her room door. She was passed out on her bed, as was her roommate. She woke up in the middle of him commiting the act.

She left campus the day after and never came back.

Crime has only increased since I started school, which was in 89. PLEASE don't take anything, or anyone for granted. Safety is not a passive practice.