View Single Post
Old 07-05-2012, 11:11 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to DeltaBetaBaby
Quote:
Originally Posted by 33girl View Post
I know this is often given as a reason for AIs, but IMO, a chapter that's that remote (especially if they're just beginning) needs women who have been involved with their sorority for a number of years...not those who have just being initiated without any collegiate Greek experience. Unless, of course, the women who do the real advising are doing so via the net/email and the newly initiated advisor is just a formality to clean the ritual catsuits.
Well, now I'm hijacking, but I think that an adviser from a very different type of school can be just as clueless. Hopefully, in that case, HQ keeps a very close eye on things. There are some things that require a physical presence, though.

In any case, I don't personally know of an instance where someone has stepped in as an adviser, but my chapter did AI someone who jumped right onto our house corp. That's obviously different, because the skill set is a whole other thing, but even in that case, she was the mother of a alumna and someone well-known in the community.

Last edited by DeltaBetaBaby; 07-05-2012 at 11:35 AM.