View Single Post
Old 07-18-2013, 10:33 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by carnation View Post
My daughter was selected and will start in a month! She still doesn't have an assignment. I hope it works out.
Congratulations! My daughter did a summer internship. Once she got down there she was able to use her previous lifeguard certification (although she had to go through Disney's lifeguard training). She spent the summer as a lifeguard at Typhoon Lagoon. She unfortunately lived on Vista Way and disliked that part of the adventure. Random roommates (one who cooked fish at all hours of the morning and others who never cleaned up after themselves) made life a bit difficult, but she kept herself busy visiting the parks.

The best part was the discounted hotel rooms and tickets she got for us when we picked her up. We also had the opportunity to tour some of the back stage places. The employees surplus shop with scads of used strollers for sale was so much fun to tour as was the place where she had to drop off her costumes, as I think they were called.

Last edited by nyapbp; 07-18-2013 at 10:35 PM.