View Single Post
Old 04-11-2003, 02:06 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to yogiPhi
I don't know how old this thread is but I'm going to post...

Let's see if I can remember the categories...

Name: Penny

Chapter: Beta Theta, UBC (Vancouver, Canada)

Initiation Date: November 18, 1989

Positions held: I was Historian, Chaplain, President (2 terms), Chapter Advisor, Canadian Resource Coordinator (Western Division!), VAPA (Vancouver Alumnae Panhellenic Association) representative... a whole bunch of other things too!

Alumnae Chapter: Beta Theta still... Vancouver area, though very inactive and trying to re-activate.

Why I chose Alpha Phi: I didn't choose Alpha Phi. Alpha Phi chose me. My first choice was to be an Alpha Gamma Delta, like my mother before me. I didn't get a bid from them but did from Alpha Phi. I came very close to turning that bid away but accepted b/c an alum said to me, "The thing about Alpha Phis is that you can always count on their friendship. They are all very close friends." I decided to give it a try. I walked into the Alpha Phi room and was instantly accepted. I felt at home. A few years later, an Alpha Phi saved my life (there's a long story there which I will tell privately to those that want to know it!) THAT is why I continue to be involved, even when it wears on me! How could I NOT give back to an organization that saved my life? I need to make sure that it is there for someone else who needs it in that moment.

AOE