View Single Post
Old 07-07-2014, 09:27 PM

Rush started on Sunday with Meet the Greeks. My best friend Molly was going through rush also so we went over together.

I was really confused and worried about a lot of what was going on and I ended up talking to Blair, who it turned out was the Panhel president. She gave me her number and told me to call if I needed anything which was great. Other than that, I don't remember a whole heck of a lot about MTG except for two groups:

Ormond was acknowledged to be the "rich pretty princess" group on campus. They all had to buy matching suits and formal dresses (no other groups on campus did this) and they could only date certain guys and etc etc etc...those were the rumors. When I walked into their room, they obviously had decided to play against type. They had a country theme and were all dressed in overalls, pigtails, etc...but of course if you are cute as can be you can get away with that. I ended up talking to this girl named Tootie. Now besides being very beautiful, her name stuck in my mind because it was the name of one of my favorite soap opera characters. Anyway, I had a great time talking to her and was pleasantly surprised how I felt about Ormond.

The other group that stuck out in my mind was Merry Go Round. This group had a reputation for hazing, and I don't mean scavenger hunts or silly quizzes...I mean beatings. I really wanted to give them a chance though, so I tried entering their room with an open mind. I ended up paired with a girl who was from a hometown near mine and tried to talk to her about hometown things, but it was evident she had very little interest in talking to me. Now there was another thing about Merry Go Round that was a negative in my mind. Our previous semester's RA had been one of their sisters, and she basically promised Molly a bid - to the point that Molly suicided. Obviously Molly didn't get a bid since she was rushing again. So those two things, coupled with the fact that no one in this group seemed very friendly to me, made up my mind. I wasn't going to go to Merry Go Round's theme party the next night.

Last edited by 33girl; 07-07-2014 at 09:30 PM.