View Single Post
Old 03-03-2003, 01:50 AM
GreekChat Member

Re: Re: Re: Re: Season 2 better already

Quote:
Originally posted by sugar and spice
I just wanted to say that the two rush processes (DZO and the usual NPHC rush) obviously aren't identical -- I just thought it was interesting that most (although not all) members of NPHC sororities seemed to be empathizing with the sisters whereas most of the NPC sorority members were empathizing with the rushees, and figured that might be attributed to the differences in member selection processes. And while all sororities do try to make their potential new members feel welcome (hopefully, at least!) and all PNMs have to make a good first impression to be considered by a group, it seems like the NPC organizations are much more likely to excuse PNMs' ignorance than the NPHC sororities -- and rightfully so. It's not so difficult to thoroughly research the histories and purposes of four different groups, if you're committed to it, but a little harder to do the same with 26! Then again, as has been discussed before, it seems like the NPC organizations are all pretty similar to each other, whereas the NPHC groups have more significant differences between them -- so it's usually more okay for the potential new NPC members to be ignorant about the purposes of the organizations until they become actual members.

I get your point. That's why I'm addicted to this show because it's interesting to see how other sororites (particularly NPC) operate and handle their rush process. Hopefully the next SL3 will follow a NPHC sorority. Even thought I find that very unlikely!!! The fact that the whole country will be in on what goes on in the chapter which is a representative of the org., maynot go over well with ours or any other NPHC's Nat'l officers!!!