View Single Post
Old 11-04-2015, 03:23 PM
GreekChat Member

My pledge class was filled with great women individually, but we never really bonded as a group. Other pledge classes were so tight, I always wondered why we didn't, but we couldn't even get it together to take the traditional senior trip, making us the butt of many jokes among the younger sisters. We weren't fighting, and there was little drama, we just didn't all hang out together or have a lot of common goals/interests.

HOWEVER, we all enjoyed our time in the chapter, we all had lots of friends across pledge groups and ages and we all had friends in the pledge class, we just weren't the all for one, one for all have-your-back-foreverandever let's have reunions every 5 years group you might expect. Thank god, the Juniors (when we were freshmen) WERE like that, and most of our bigs came from that group, so cohesion happened in spite of our slacker ways.

Don't let that kind of drama get you down. Once initiated, you join a huge sisterhood. I am still making friends with chapter sisters and pledge sisters via facebook and reunions, and our relationships continue to grow across country and generations later. People who enjoy dissing others/marginalizing others soon get a big heaping bowl of karma.