View Single Post
Old 11-05-2018, 12:45 PM
GreekChat Member

Please ignore GreenRank. That site - especially your campus site - is atrocious. You have some good advice here, I hope it is something you will consider.

Sometimes the bonds of sisterhood can transcend the actual sisterhood. If you and a group of women are committed to a cause, have a bond, and want a place to call your own, does it need greek letters around it? I would think that forming a local sorority vs. forming a campus club/organization are two different experiences and the later might be more palatable to a campus that would otherwise shy away from a local sorority experience. Or perhaps as a group you can approach an already nationally established service organization and talk with them about how you might infuse your philanathropy into their work. Just a couple of thoughts.

Find a place to come together. Put your thoughts down on paper, what would an organization look like? What would your mission look like, your activities, your impact? Your membership? Bring to the administration on your campus and perhaps they can help you form something, founded by you and your sisters. Maybe it's a local. Maybe it's a new and growing group on campus. You will need the support of your adminstration to get something going, but not with out thought and shape. Some of it is there already...keep working. I personally think you are tapping into something really interesting.