View Single Post
Old 10-01-2010, 03:06 PM
GreekChat Member

Bridesmaid dress update

I am soooooooo pissed right now. The dress boutique - The New Image, in Thomasville, GA - says the manufacturer cannot ship the dress until 10/14 at the earliest...for my 10/16 wedding. So, too late.

The only solution they're offering is to 1. Get our money back; or 2. Have fabric shipped from the manufacturer to arrive Monday, at which time a local tailor can make a dress for my bridesmaid. But even in that case they aren't giving a full refund. We are going with option 2 for now, but you can bet we are going to get our money back. I don't think the Jim Hjelm folks would be happy to hear that one of their retailers has offered to make a copy of their dress.

Again, none of us believe that the store ordered the dress when it was supposed to have. If any of you can track down a phone number for Jim Hjelm corporate, I'd love it. I've tried looking but haven't been able to find the right number.

ETA: Found a customer service number, but they can't disclose order info. due to contracts they sign with retailers. But the rep told me, "I'll just say this...there's no reason why the dress would take that long. It would not take that long to get one of our dresses."

Last edited by PeppyGPhiB; 10-01-2010 at 03:14 PM.