View Single Post
Old 11-28-2008, 01:28 AM
GreekChat Member

GW has freshmen dorms and upperclass dorms. I'm not sure where the international exchange students would be placed. Some of the upperclass dorms are former luxury apartment buildings and are gorgeous. The Foggy Bottom freshmen dorms are horrible from what I recall. The MV campus has nice freshmen dorms. I haven't been in the dorms in a long time so there may be improvement. There was a new freshman dorm that opened up during in the fall of 2006 but I haven't seen it.

Not all the Greek organizations at GW have housing. There are several streets with nice townhouses for the Greeks and I think another set of townhouses is in the planning stages. My group happens to be one of the lucky ones with a house. The girls tend to be sophomores when they live in the house so they can live in the gorgeous dorms as juniors and seniors. Of course the exec board lives in the house as well.

GW Panhel conducts formal recruitment in the fall. Greek Life for women seems to be doing very well there. Several different groups have been added in the last few years.