View Single Post
Old 08-18-2019, 10:46 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titchou View Post
But the women themselves are driving those chapter budgets! If it was too out of line, THEY would self regulate. The budgets are not handed down from their national orgs. Certainly there are national dues, pledge fees, etc.. As a former financial adviser for moe than one chapter,I can tell you that the largest single item outside of the required ones is "social." And getting that under control is like pulling hen's teeth. Alabama is a VERY social school..so their chapter bills are going to be higher as a result. I assure you -the advisers would change that if they could!
In many cases, the most expensive costs are driven by the house corporations not the collegiate chapters. I don’t know how other house corporations run, bu5 for Kappa Delta, there are only two voting collegians on the House Corporation. From a practical perspective, it’s incredibly difficult for collegians to influence anything House Corp is responsible for, including out of house / parlor / CAM fees (which is where things like meal plans are covered).