View Single Post
Old 10-08-2007, 05:42 AM
Unregistered-

Quote:
Originally Posted by takemewitu View Post
I am transferring to a new school next semester because I'm coming from a community college and they do not have Greek life. My problem is beside being a junior, is that I'm Asian. The school that I'm transferring to is made up of at least 80% Caucasians. Also when i visit each of the sororities website, I notice that the girls that join are all Caucasian. Would being a different race be a disadvantaged to me when i rush? Would the girls feel that since I look different i would not fit in?
YOU CONSIDER BEING ASIAN A PROBLEM? I must have not received that memo when I (also an Asian) joined my predominantly Caucasian sorority years ago.

Instead of paying attention to numbers and percentages and stuff you see on websites, just go through recruitment and get to know the members and see for yourself. Just because the pictures you see all have Caucasian girls does not mean they look down on Asians.

Depending on which campus you'll be transferring to and how competitive recruitment is, being a junior may or may not affect your chances of getting a bid. Make sure your grades meet the sororities' standards and make sure you're prepared for recruitment. There are lots of recruitment advice threads here that you might find useful. Don't waste your time worrying about the petty stuff.