View Single Post
Old 08-03-2012, 09:30 PM
GreekChat Member

I think it would be in Princessluv8's best interest if DubaiSis would remove her QFP and Princessluv8 edits her post to remove identifying information.

Now back to the thread already in progress....Ladybugmom is correct...bids are released at 5:00 and each house will have a group of actives waiting outside the auditorium doors with signs that identify that particular chapter. All new PNMs of each house walk behind the sign and I believe really enjoy this time to talk to each other because once they get to the house, shirts are changing and/or actives take PNMs to their dorms to change, depending on what activity each house does. Most houses take their PNMs to dinner (charter buses ususally show up to the houses to pick the girls up) Most houses also give their PNMs a huge basket full of goodies to celebrate their new house. Some actives stay behind and go on a room/door decorating fest so when the PNMs get back from their activity they are greated at their rooms with their sorority letters. I find that so much fun!

On a different note, although bid day is about celebration, for some PNMs it is a day of confussion and disappointing results. When an envelope is opened and a house revealed that was not the PNMs first choice, this can be a very, very hard day. I think it is SO important for their to be appointed actives to pull these girls aside (hopefully happy actives that didn't get their first choice either and now can't imagine being any where else) and try to let them know that these feelings are natural and to stress how happy the active is that this particular PNM is here. It would be really nice for a PNM that just can't handle a "celebration" that an active take that PNM to dinner one to one to help her make a transition in a situation she may not want to be in. Usually this drastic of a situation is not warranted, but it can happen and having a back up plan would be really smart for most houses. It is equally has hard for girls to witness that who are at the house because it was their number one choice and as most young women are compassionate people, may feel the need to harbour their excitement to protect the feelings of a hurt PNM.

Best of luck to all the UT PNMs and actives...here is to a wonderful work week and wonderful recruitment.