View Single Post
Old 08-09-2018, 02:02 PM
GreekChat Member

Wanted to say thank you

I joined this site last year, mostly to use the search function because I was curious about sorority life at the schools that I was applying to. No one in my family has ever been Greek, so this was something brand new to all of us.

Once I knew where I was going to school, this site became very useful to learn more about the process (the school guide makes it sound so simple!). I discovered what recs were, and that they weren't necessarily super important at my school, but still good to have. Thanks to suggestions on how to find rec writers on here, I asked my teachers and discovered that two of them were Greek, one actually at the school I will be attending. Between them, and my mom's network of friends and co-workers, I managed to get a rec for each house.

The info here was also helpful for learning about general sorority life and what to expect during recruitment. For instance, I had never heard of a door song before I came across the phrase here. I've watched a few videos, and I think I feel prepared for that, as well as other aspects of recruitment.

Anyway, I'm excited to finally be going away to school and for recruitment to get started. I was searching up a last minute question, and thought I should take a second to thank you all for all the help that you've given me without actually knowing that you were doing it. I appreciate it, and maybe after it's over, I'll actually have some advice of my own to add at some point.

Thank you!