View Single Post
Old 09-10-2015, 12:52 PM
GreekChat Member

How I would LIKE recs to work (rare and special) and how they work are both not the same thing and completely irrelevant. First, I can complain til the cows come home about how ZTA or Theta or anyone else does it. And then I'll get out of breath, so good for me. My opinion counts for neither jack nor squat. Second, the fact that the system sucks IMO doesn't mean that I wouldn't play the game if I were going through now. And that was the point of this whole meltdown in the first place. Possibly recs aren't really that important at her school. GET THEM ANYWAY. Cross every T. Dot every I. Maximize every opportunity you have for success.

The single only piece in all of this I found valuable is the person who said if they got a rec from a sophomore at her school it would actually be seen as weird. THAT is something I'd like to know more about. And I'd love to know if this is the thinking at the school in question.