View Single Post
Old 09-09-2015, 10:12 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AOE-7 View Post
Okay, Sunshine, help understand why and how this is a good policy? Really. I want to know. For REALZ. How on EARTH does it make SENSE to force OMGQTFBBQ we absolutely gotta have a rec soooo, lets write some sh*t on a piece of paper about this girl in order to meet the 'national requirement' and call it a day.

Rainbow Unicorn sandbox or not, I am trying my damndest to understand how this is not, in a roundabout way, a 'forgery' or 'fake' or whatever else you want to call it.... because I don't know how on earth you can write a recommendation for somebody you don't frikkin' know. Reading their resume does not tell you a dang thing about their character or presentation, their people skills and if in fact they are a good fit for the chapter. Somebody could be spotless on paper and a piece of doo doo in person, and that poor frantic alumna writes a rec for her because she was "forced to" due to a bureaucratic policy.

Oh wait... I get it.... is rec writing part of ritual? Is that the "tradition" part of it that you speak of?
I'm not sure what my national organization's policy is, but maybe we can agree that we don't necessarily agree with everything our organizations do? Either way, I think we all take our memberships seriously, and while we may not have the same practices as you do, we won't mock your traditions and rituals, so please don't mock us.

Anyway, yes, KC 96, PLEASE COME BACK!!!! We want to know how things went!