View Single Post
Old 01-04-2011, 03:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 33girl View Post
That's past perp and on to creepy "Friends Till The End" territory. I would say she pretty much shot her chances for AI in ANY sorority.

This could never happen in our chapter - it's small enough (we never had over 60 actives) that a fake alum would get busted in 2.5 seconds. Ditto for the other chapters on our campus.

I actually have a chapter listing of all the women initiated into our chapter from when we did our centennial reunion, and when anyone asks to join our FB group, they need to give me their maiden name and pledge class...or you ain't getting in. If your HQ can provide such a thing, I would recommend it for whoever maintains membership in your chapter facebook group.
I'm admin for a few Sigma-related FB groups/events (one chapter specific and some not), and since those groups are closed/private, I use our directory (via SigmaConnect) to double-check peeps I've never heard of. I suggest that everyone else do the same. I've busted perps before and tend to pay more attention to this sort of thing than the average sister probably does.

Ex: A woman tried to join a group claiming to be an alumna from the 90s. I directory searched her--terminated her membership during her senior year. I denied her request. She messaged me asking why her request was denied. I told her why. Her response: "I don't care what HQ says. I was an officer for 2 years and spent thousands of dollars on Sigma. I'll always be a Sigma in my heart."

I couldn't do anything except LOL. This same woman has attempted to join the CLE alumnae chapter unsuccessfully, because well, "in your heart" means nothing to actual Sigmas. lol.

Lakers Nation.