View Single Post
Old 09-25-2014, 09:30 AM
GreekChat Member

This past spring/summer Theta offered an educational webinar for alumnae regarding recruitment. Sciencewoman is spot on. The majority of alumnae are not volunteers, are not involved, and there is a plethora of misunderstandings and misperceptions based on old knowledge ("we did it this way" "legacies don't count any more" "recs aren't important" etc.).

The old terminology persists, too. Education is key. The PNMs rank chapters in order of preference for those they'd like to be invited to return to, and the chapters release PNMs. As was previously pointed out, there is mutual selection of sorts going on; however it is the chapters who are doing the "cutting" (I prefer the term "cull" myself but don't see that ever becoming used due to its noun definition, although in some sense that fits, but I am on one of my detours). The PNMs can "cut" in the sense that they can choose to withdraw from recruitment, not sign a MRABA, or not accept a proferred bid.

Now for the love of Mike, skgirl47, PLEASE tell us where your daughter ended up!
"One of the painful things about our time is that those who feel certainty are stupid, and those with any imagination and understanding are filled with doubt and indecision." Bertrand Russell, The Triumph of Stupidity