View Single Post
Old 07-12-2000, 02:10 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to equeen
...and of course my POV is completely biased as well, my sisters are majoring in all kinds of engineering, geology & geophysics, architecture, meteorology, computer science, math, chemistry...we're all techies, but then that's the whole point of A.S.K.

Artimis & BFulton have a good point, I think "social/professional" GLOs like those mentioned here do bring a lot of people into greek life, who otherwise wouldn't really care for it. I know that most of my chapter's founding sisters hadn't really thought about rushing until they heard about A.S.K., and then they were really intrigued by the opportunities that a social-professional GLO could offer, both for an individual sister's as well as the community.

There are actually quite a few NIC/NPC/NPHC greeks at OU now who are in technical degree programs, they just happen to be spread out, not necessarily concentrated in any one particular house. This may have changed from when you were at OU, Artimis. I think they really enjoy being part of their houses, it can get rough though balancing all the academic committments and doing your utmost for your house. I guess in that sense, it is pretty tough to fit in, sctroy.

By the way, Taykimson, several AKAs at OU are in the College of Engineering, and I had the priviledge of being lab-partners this past semester with one of them!

------------------
equeen
A Lioness has her Pride!
@>--;--
Alpha Sigma Kappa - Women in Technical Studies

[This message has been edited by equeen (edited July 12, 2000).]