View Single Post
Old 07-10-2010, 12:56 AM
GreekChat Member

Recruitment Story!

I'm new to this site and I'm already addicted! I've been reading all the stories and I thought it would be neat to share mine! I'm currently thinking of code names. I'll post them when I make a decision. Recruitment doesn't begin for me until August, so I'm a little early, but I thought I'd share a little background info first.

I've always known about sororities, but like many others, I've always had the wrong impression of them. I assumed that it was for preppy girls who were all blonde and beautiful. As I got older, I became more and more interested. Up until my senior year I still had the same ideas about sororities until I talked to a friend who was a year older than me and who had rushed a sorority at her school. I thought it would be a good idea to get the 411 about sororities from her. We had the most amazing talk! She explained to me the process and how things go during Rush Week. She gave me tons of great advice- like being myself and having an open mind. I was wary at first because I'm terrified of rejection. She told me to at least try it, and if I was meant to be somewhere I would just know. She told me about all of the great new people she met during Rush and how it made the transition to college a lot easier. What really got me hooked was the way she talked about her sisters. I could tell that she truly had a special bond with each one. She also told me that she went in really wanting to join a house that her friends were in, but fell in love with her current house. From then on I was sold! I knew that I wanted to be a part of something that special. I wanted to make lifetime friends and help others along the way. Now, here it is less than a month away from Rush and I couldn't be more excited! I feel that I completely and truly belong in a sorority. I'm just ready to find out which group of special women I belong with!

Sorry if this seems like a bore to you, but I thought it would be a good way to let out some of the bottled up excitement inside me!

PS- I'm going to be an English major, so I LOVE to write stories! I can't wait to get started!