View Single Post
Old 08-09-2003, 05:34 PM
GreekChat Member

Smile my turn

I'm not an NPC woman myself, but I thought this looked fun. I was surprised that I actually knew quite a bit about these groups, and I really enjoyed browsing the websites of the ones I didn't know. So here goes...

Alpha Chi Omega: The only one of my high school friends to join a Greek org went AChiO. She was a fun gal, and a good tennis player. When I decided to rush, she helped me gain enough confidence.

Alpha Delta Pi: I love stories of "ground breaking" women. Three cheers for Alpha Delta Pi's founders.

Alpha Epsilon Phi: The lily of the valley is the most delicate flower. I love it!

Alpha Gamma Delta: I love the way the website presents its "Accomplished" sisters rather than its famous ones.

Alpha Omicron Pi: Who doesn't love a deep red rose?

Alpha Phi: I think it is great that Alpha Phi's website has an entire page dedicated to Women and Heart Disease. All women should take a look! This is an important issue.

Alpha Sigma Alpha: The following line of their creed really speaks to me: "...to know the peace and serenity of a divine faith..."

Alpha Sigma Tau: The badge is lovely--simple yet dignified

Alpha Xi Delta: The open motto, "The Pen is Mightier than the Sword," means a lot to me as a writer.

Chi Omega: They didn't hang their flyers over mine when I was trying to establish my Beta Sigma Phi chapter. Other campus sororities did, but the respectful ladies of ChiO hung their signs neatly next to ours. Thank you!

Delta Delta Delta: A Tri-Delta sister transferred to my college and joined our choir and the campus newspaper staff. She wore her letters with pride even though we didn't have a chapter on campus, and she was always pleasant and eager to help me out on the paper.

Delta Gamma: When I rushed, Delta Gamma was the first party I went to. When I saw all of the women in their cute sailor hats singing and guiding us around the room, I got really excited about possibly being part of a sorority! They made rush so much fun!

Delta Phi Epsilon: I was thrilled to learn that DPhiE was established by women at NYU Law School, making it the first sorority established at a professional school. As a woman who became Greek after college, I appreciate this fact very much!

Delta Zeta: I used to have a pet turtle named Oliver. What a great mascot!!

Gamma Phi Beta: "GeekyPenguin" has the best screen name on Greek Chat!

Kappa Alpha Theta: The Thetas on my college campus were a great bunch of ladies. I adore the Kite!

Kappa Delta: I really enjoyed being a Girl Scout, and I love the strong bond between the women of Kappa Delta and Girl Scouts of America.

Kappa Kappa Gamma: I remember their "hill billy" theme from rush. The Kappas were so cute in their braids and overalls. Almost everyone on my campus wanted to be a Kappa!

Phi Mu: One word: PINK!!!

Phi Sigma Sigma: "AngelPhiSig" is also a Beta Sigma Phi, so of course I love Phi Sigma Sigma.

Pi Beta Phi: They offered me a bid!! I deeply, deeply regret that I had to turn it down I have made a career and a life fighting to promote literacy, and I wish I had the chance to pursue this quest through the avenues of Pi Beta Phi. I have a great respect and a deep admiration for this organization.

Sigma Delta Tau: The SDTs rent a room to my Beta Sigma Phi sister. Their house is lovely here, and my sister truly appreciates the chance to live there.

Sigma Kappa: DigitalAngel126 is a PNM of Beta Sigma Phi, so I have a great respect for Sigma Kappa. Also, the student aid in my office is a Sigma Kappa, and she is always very helpful. One of my students last semester went Sigma Kappa, too. She was a sweetie.

Sigma Sigma Sigma: "Ever Forward" is a great way to live!

Theta Phi Alpha: The compass is a perfect symbol. Makes me think of that wonderful scene in Mr. Holland's Opus when the principal gives him a compass. So touching!

Zeta Tau Alpha: One of Beta Sigma Phi's symbols is also the strawberry. I am proud to share something with ZTA.

**edited for lots and lots of typos**
Order of the Rose recipient

Last edited by erica812; 08-09-2003 at 05:42 PM.