View Single Post
Old 06-04-2012, 12:07 PM
GreekChat Member

Here's the current housing situation at LSU:

LSU's sorority row was built with 17 houses. 10 are occupied by the 10 current PHC sororities. 4 are occupied by fraternities, and 2 by the university (University Press building and University Relations building). There is one vacant house. It was built by Alpha Chi Omega in the 1960's and housed Delta Chi fraternity at some point, but I know it has been vacant for at least 10 years. It is a great location for a potential new sorority, as it is located between Zeta Tau Alpha and Kappa Alpha Theta. However, in my opinion, renovation is not an option. It has vines growing up the side of it and the windows have been boarded up. I think it would have to be demolished and a new house built on its site.

So, land DOES exist for a new sorority. It will just require a significant investment by the new sorority to demolish it and rebuild something comparable to the other 10 sororities. LSU does desperately need a new sorority though. Current membership of the 10 current sororities ranges from 210-287 members, according to the LSU Greek Life website.

https://greeks.lsu.edu/sites/greeks....all%202011.pdf