View Single Post
Old 03-01-2013, 01:30 PM
GreekChat Member

I heard recently that a Congressman will change his vote if he gets 6 calls on a subject. 6. Because he assumes 1000 people agree with the 1 person who actually picks up the phone. If every logical person in Oklahoma (and I'm sure there are a few of you out there) made one phone call or sent an email that was carefully worded and polite, you could revolutionize Oklahoma. If the only people who are squeaking are the wingnuts, that's who they're going to respond to.

Kevin, get 6 people, actual voters in Oklahoma, to start making a weekly call to their electeds to express an opinion on a particular subject, and see what happens.

Unfortunately, what I'd LIKE to ask them is if you only made birth control and abortion illegal for white women, would that be ok? I think some of them would actually be dumb enough to answer that question.

/lane swerve and something I think we should ALL do. Several years ago there was a Congressional election. One of the candidates was asked how a bill becomes a law. She could not answer the question and got completely flustered. Regardless of the fact that anyone who grew up with Schoolhouse Rock should be able to answer that question, a person applying for a job should understand the most basic of principles of what that job entails. Next time you attend a debate ASK THAT QUESTION and then vote accordingly.