View Single Post
Old 08-25-2005, 04:09 PM
GreekChat Member

Jess -

Dues will vary by chapter. The total house/chapter bill you pay may include more than dues (depending on if you have a chapter house, etc...) Dues is just the money that goes back into the chapter for the chapter operating budget (at least this is my understanding, Kristin, feel free to correct me). The chapter budget should be presented each year by the chapter treasurer and voted on by the chapter. If you ever have questions about where your money goes or what you have in your budget if you're an officer, feel free to ask the treasurer or finance adviser.

Things such as bid day/party pictures, social t-shirts, philanthropy t-shirts, party favors etc... are all considered optional and are the responsibility of each individual chapter member. Those you will have to pay for on your own and if you ever think you won't be able to pay, don't sign up for it. You would not believe how many extra pictures, t-shirts and party favors are left over because people sign up and then once they arrive, decide they can't pay for it.
Perhaps it'll be a hootshinpaloozaree. I don't know.