View Single Post
Old 04-14-2012, 04:04 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senusret I View Post
You have posted this in the AKA forum, so I don't think this is about XYZ.

Membership questions are not discussed.

I observe an inconsistency in your story that leads to the answer to your question, hopefully. The minority population of your school is small, yet the org keeps initiating new members.

Surely you know the members.

Surely you can ask them your questions.

1) There doesn't seem to be a specific grouping of topics just for NPHC orgs, and members from all orgs seem to have input in multiple places, so the placement of this thread isn't for specific reasons.

2) I apologize if that fact seemed to be an 'inconsistency' but it stands true. There is a very small population of minorities at my institution, but I never said how many members are being initiated at a time, nor did I specify the ethnicity of these members. Those facts are irrelevant to my question.

3) I do not consider this a question of 'membership'. Rather I consider this a question of protocol. If I'm not mistaken, an official Rush (or interest meeting) must be attended before someone is considered. Are there exceptions to this rule? Am I interpreting this incorrectly?

I'm not asking for someone to tell me 'how to get into XYZ'. I feel if I'm right for the organization, I can do so on my own. My question boils down to, who do I need to contact to make sure the chapter of the org at my institution is doing things appropriately? I feel justified in questioning this.