View Single Post
Old 06-19-2007, 10:48 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to AngelPhiSig
So I have a few...

This one is really my two-little's (my little's little) but I love it!

Her senior year she was going to El Salvador for the summer to do a study abroad thing. She was flying down with a few kids from our school and other state colleges in the area. When they got to the airport in E.S. they found out that their luggage had been lost. So here is Jen in another country where she doesnt speak the language (very well) and knows NO ONE. She's just standing there b.s.ing with a few people from the trip and a woman approaches her and asks if she was from the states. Jen says yes and they continue to talk and they find out that they're both from PA. Well the lady asks what college Jen is from and she says Clarion. Turns out, thats where the lady went! She then asks Jen if she was in a sorority. Jen says that she's a Phi Sig and pulls out her laviler. The lady was in one of the first pledge classes that our chapter took! Jen has a knack for finding Phi Sigs in the oddest places!

Heres one from college for me:
I was finishing up my pre-student teaching and I was working on my unit plan that we did with a partner. I had to edit the entire thing and she didnt get her part to me until really late. I had stayed up for over 24 hours (I have only ever done that one time... I NEED sleep) I then get to class (our first one in three weeks, we were teaching during that time) to turn in my unit and I find a letter saying that I cant student teach until I have taken my praxis II test. Which was crap because when I entered the Dpt of Ed I didnt have to take it until I was already student teaching. So I didnt get my placement like everyone else. So I was freaked out and on NO sleep... looking great in my BIG YELLOW Phi Sig jacket. I marched down the hall to the dean of field services to find out whats going on... I go in and she and I start talking. She tells me that they didnt change the req. like they should so it effected everyone... blah blah blah. But then she says... "You can take it in January and here is your placement list..." she was a founder of the local that became Phi Sig. She says she didnt do it just because of that, but we did talk for a LONG time. She pledged the Phi Sig chapter, but had to leave due to personal reasons. She was never initiated. She pulled out her pledge pin, which she kept in her desk. We eventually initiated her after I graduated, but even if some sisters didnt like her, she always had a special place in my heart!

I also owe my job to a Phi Sig! I was the pledge mom to my current roomie back in 2001. She and I student taught at the same time and became pretty close. She moved to VA in 2004, but I was stubborn and stayed in PA. She and I kept in touch and she kept trying to get me down there. Last summer she and her principal helped me get a lot of interviews, then a job opened up at HER school. I eventually got the job and we now live together. I am so thankful for the whole thing!

Also, I was on our field trip this year and talking about parades and such on the hay wagon (we took the kids to a pumpkin patch!) and I mentioned that I was a Beta Sigma Phi, the one teacher looks at me and smiles and says "I AM YOUR SISTER!!!!" We talked BSP for a long time and its been great knowing we have that bond! Ive gone to her chapter meetings and it was great!

Thats all folks!