View Single Post
Old 04-18-2012, 09:40 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaBetaBaby View Post
Is it geography, though, or age? Are the houses in the SW states as old?

Illinois has a weird thing where everyone put on an addition in the 60's, so there are lots of timeless houses with some weird box slapped on the side.
Hi! haven't been paying attention to GC for a few days.

The Theta, PiPhi, Kappa facilities at UofA (Arizona, folks) go back to circa 1917. I adore the Kappa and PiPhi facilities... truth: I have major envy of the Kappa property. Major. It is simply spectacular, IMO. I believe 70+ members can live in!

Architecture:in Tucson there's a hodge-podge/mishmash of styles, depending on when building occurred. Not a unified look at all, like Santa Fe NM, for example.

I will take AZ-Alpha Xi with me, go for a walk, and get photos (she's better at it than I am) of the facilities on our campus.

There are two fairly NEW facilities on campus, and just for fun, I'm going to not say which ones they are. I'll post photos and see if you guys can guess (no cheating from the AZ folks on GC, please).
"One of the painful things about our time is that those who feel certainty are stupid, and those with any imagination and understanding are filled with doubt and indecision." Bertrand Russell, The Triumph of Stupidity