Thread: Snap bids
View Single Post
Old 02-11-2013, 10:19 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to DeltaBetaBaby
Quote:
Originally Posted by twinkle555 View Post
Hey everyone..yes it's been a while! So after racking my brain and searching through the forum and google for an HOUR...I'm giving up and just asking.

The chapter I advise just finished COR and missed quota by a few women. My VPMR wants to meet with a couple women this week to extend snap bids. Now, I keep thinking that can't be done bc this isn't formal recruitment, it's informal (just our chapter) and wouldn't we need to vote for those few women? She says we don't have to vote, just extend bids after speaking with them. I thought snap bids were only given during formal (structured, Panhellenic) recruitment and NOT during informal CORs.

These women would still need to be voted on by the chapter correct? I can't find anything on this and my VPMR is sure she is right, I just want to make sure! Is there a Panhellenic governing docs or something i can reference? Help!
These are not snap bids, but your membership selection process is not something that any of us can comment on. Some chapters do empower a small group of women to make that decision when time is of the essence.