View Single Post
Old 11-26-2017, 08:31 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by beebee View Post
Hello!

I am new to this forum and have some questions that I would really like answered. I recently transferred to a new school that does not recognize Greek life. At my old university I was very active and still go back for events. I was excited to find out the fraternity "off campus" was not affiliated with the school but was recognized by their fraternity. I found a bunch of amazing girls and have been in contact with the the woman in charge of helping expand our sisterhood. Unfortunately, they contacted me and said they cannot have an chapters at my school "due to terms of our suspension from campus". I proceeded to ask if we had to be affiliated with the school and they said they would not support or encourage unrecognized chapters.

So, would I be able to start a local sorority under another name and still be able to attend activities at my old school? Would I still be a member of it (I am considered an alumni)?

Thank you!!
You may remain an alumna to an NPC, as well as joining/ starting a local sorority if you wish. Of course, you might really want to think about starting a local sorority very carefully if your school does not permit Greek Life. It can have some serious repercussions.