View Single Post
Old 10-14-2014, 06:56 PM
GreekChat Member

The next day, I woke up nervous to pick up my invites. I ended up going after class with a huge group of friends to get the invites (not a great idea). While everyone else was excited to get back their full schedules (4 houses max.), I looked down at my schedule which read

1. Kenny Chesney
2. Kacey Musgraves

Two. I was down to two. This hurt. And it hurt bad. Not only was I down to two, I was down to my bottom two. My best friend, a Luke Bryan legacy, realized I wasn’t entirely happy. She took me out to lunch and, after a long discussion, helped me realize that I should give these sororities a good look. Although I never seriously, considered dropping out at this point, I was really glad that I had such a great friend remind me that it only takes one in the end.

After our lunch, I saw my rho gamma while I was walking back to my dorm. She hadn’t been overly friendly or helpful, especially considering it was her job to help me through the process. I thought now would be a good time to chat with her about how I was feeling. She asked me how recruitment was and I told her that in all honesty, I wasn’t incredibly happy with my outcome thus far, but I was hopeful that one of my two remaining houses would be my home. She told me, and I quote, “Well, that’s what you get for going through recruitment without recs and legacies.” What? Um, I’m pretty sure that this is the girl that is supposed to HELP me cope with the loss of houses I love, not tear me down as a result of it. And prior to my registration, I emailed our director of recruitment asking if recs were recommended for the school and was told “They’re not super important here like they are at big schools.” So this made me really upset. Remember that at this point, I feel pretty confident that this girl is a Florida Georgia Line.

That said, I was very scared, but also hopeful going into the parties for sisterhood night. Here’s what happened:

Kenny Chesney- The first question I was asked was “How has your day been going?” After I responded, the girl I was talking to gave me a 3 minute long rehearsed speech on sisterhood that had nothing to do with how my day was going. I was very confused. It was evident that these girls loved each other, but they didn’t seem very interested in me. I wasn’t asked any questions about myself so I had to ask the girls questions about the sororities and themselves. I was very, very uncomfortable. At one point, the girl I was speaking with walked away and talked with her sisters for about two minutes, leaving me completely alone and awkward. Another girl picked me up, but during our conversation point blank told me that she hated the north and the mentality of the people who lived there (after I told her I was from the north. Um, okay then?). I really hated this party and I really, really hoped that I wouldn’t get called back.
Kacey Musgraves- I knew almost every girl waiting in line to go to this house and many of them were trash talking it because they had “better” options. I tried not to listen to them because I had nothing against this house and it was my only alternative to the other. Thank goodness I was right. Again, I felt like I never took the time to truly appreciate this house. They held a ritual ceremony (weird since it was only round 3) which really touched my heart because it was about never being alone and depending on your sisters. Even though I was paired with another PNM, I felt like I truly connected with the girls I talked to. Again, I talked to my orientation leader who seemed to really like me during this conversation. The other girl I talked to had the same major that I did and seemed to really like me as well (she actually told me the she “loved me” in the middle of the conversation in front of another PNM and had to awkwardly backtrack and tell the other girl that she loved her too). They played a sisterhood video which was literally perfect. For once, I felt like I was home. This was where I was meant to be.

My rankings for this night were pretty obvious. I spent my night Facebook stalking the girls I had talked to and stumbled upon a long forgotten photo revealing my rho gamma’s house. My rho gamma was a Kenny Chesney.

I’m having so much fun sharing my story with all of you! Thanks for your patience as I post these stories! Get ready for round 4!