View Single Post
Old 05-06-2013, 04:13 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticCat View Post
I know that members of both NPC and NPHC sororities have said in the past that dual memberships are prohibited. Where that might be written down, if it is, I couldn't tell you.

I can't say if we're the only group like you describe, but off the top of my head I can't think of another. That said, even though there is no national prohibition, dual memberships can still be prohibitied on some campuses where a Sinfonia chapter is an IFC member.

And I would note that Omega Psi Phi is the only NPHC fraternity that is not also in the NIC, so I think it's the only org for which your theoretical NIC/NPHC question could apply.
Hmm. So Phi Mu Alpha/NIC dual ability varies by campus, that sort of surprises me; individual Phi Mu Alpha chapter decision, university rules, or something else?

I knew that 3 of the 5 NPHC Fraternities were in, but I thought it was either Phi Beta Sigma or Kappa Alpha Psi, not both. I was wrong.