Thread: Too late?
View Single Post
Old 06-02-2018, 11:20 PM
GreekChat Member

Too late?

Hi all.

Finally found time in my college life to think about going greek, but I'm afraid it's too late for me! I graduate this spring ('19), and there's some wonderful chapters on my campus. I've spent the last few years in other social clubs (sadly membership has all decreased due to interest/funds), keeping my grades up and making friends in the greek community at my school.

I didn't try sooner in college because I wanted to put my academics and health first, but now that I've got a steady grip on both of those I want to try finally.

I'm participating in formal recruitment in fall and some chapters are on a different council and these have a different recruitment schedules so I'm going to attend everything for every group that I can, knowing I'll probably be dropped by every chapter due to my status of being an older student.

As far as I know, some chapters on campus have accepted older students (graduating same year or the year after) and I think if there's a mutual fit I would love to become a part of the greek community on my campus.

Would anyone be willing to give me advice as I head into these events?

Thanks in advance, HH.