View Single Post
Old 07-29-2018, 05:24 PM
GreekChat Member

Missing Most of Recruitment Week

Hi all! So I’ve been anxiously anticipating recruitment for the past year or so, and now that it’s almost here, I’m crushed to find out I won’t be able to participate in most of it. I’m involved in another organization, for which I’m extremely grateful to have been selected, but they’ve made it clear that they must be the number one priority. They’ve scheduled mandatory, all day activities the week of recruitment. I will only be able to attend Open house and Philanthropy. I’ll miss everything else, even Bid Day. There are several of us in the same boat and we’ve been told to let our recruitment counselors know so they can relay it to the chapters. There are many active Greek women in this organization, so I know the chapters will be aware of the situation. In past years, they’ve held special events for those who had to miss parties, but nothing has been said this year. Also, this is the first year this organization has scheduled things so heavily during recruitment week. I’m wondering now if I’m just going to get cut by everyone if they’re barely going to get a chance to know me. My school doesn’t have Spring recruitment. Has anyone gone through anything like this or have any advice? I’m so disappointed and upset.