View Single Post
Old 02-06-2010, 05:15 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by girlygirl1 View Post
I went through recruitment spring of my freshman year at Virginia Tech. I very reluctantly accepted a bid to my second choice sorority -- I liked them and they are a very good but not "top" sorority. Besides all of that I just knew that I didn't really belong there so I decided to drop out on bid day. I waited my year, got to know girls in my first choice sorority, went through rush again (as a sophomore) and got a bid to my first choice and am as happy as I can be. When I went back through rush and went to parties at the sorority I dropped I really don't think they even remembered me (luckily). They were nice to me and even invited me back to philanthropy round but I dropped them then. I can't speak about rush at UVA -- I think it is much more competitive then here at Tech -- but I am very glad I followed my heart and did what was right for me.

Um...THANK YOU. That's all I can think to say. Everyone has been telling me that I must stick it out, but I'm really glad you understand what it's like to just not feel like the perfect fit. Reading this was a huge comfort to know that whatever I decide, it may not be the end of the world.