Thread: RFM question
View Single Post
Old 08-26-2019, 12:43 PM
GreekChat Member

I'm trying to empty my inbox. I don't feel good. Sorry.

No one from UofA will ever post on ongoing Arizona threads (AAMOF that's pretty much true for all ongoing recruitments no matter what the campus). Speaking for Arizona, we mostly all know one another IRL or know of one another. We know who is lurking and not posting. We are a Panhellenic community and Tucson is still a very small town, believe it or not. I owe zbxo a lunch (yes I got your texts, wait til I tell you what's going on, I'm not ignoring you on purpose, like I said I don't feel good). I had dinner with AZ-Alpha Xi last week as well as with a Tri Delta alum who's lurking here and not posting. These are just illustrative examples. We all want one another to succeed. A healthy Greek system benefits everyone. We don't GAF about tiers or ranks. We want the pnms to have what we have had - a great collegiate experience and a lifetime of benefits and associations. It's not rocket science.

Now, for anyone else reading: if you've been involved at all with your sorority since your own active membership days, you'd have a pretty good idea of today's recruitment process. You'd know, for example, what your sorority's legacy policy is. You'd know that getting an invite past 2nd round would mean that your legacy would be somewhere on a pref list (another example). Just pointing out the obvious. My Panhell sisters have done a fabulous job here on GC (in this thread and elsewhere) of explaining some of the fundamentals of RFM. Data is variable and none of us are privy to return rates for any chapters other than our own. Actually, only the advisor(s) and a few actives are privy to this info.

to the OP, YAY on Pi Phi!!! I'm so happy for her. Congrats and I hope you'll be able to come for her initiation. It might be cooler by then (don't hold your breath).
"One of the painful things about our time is that those who feel certainty are stupid, and those with any imagination and understanding are filled with doubt and indecision." Bertrand Russell, The Triumph of Stupidity