View Single Post
Old 07-30-2015, 07:27 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jen View Post
This is one of my fears, that my illnesses are too much for people. That they're only being nice because they haven't discovered how bad it is, and once they do, they'll leave.

So it's a lot easier to stay away from people than risk that might happen. Because it has happened before, many times. You get accused of creating drama, when you're literally just trying to stay alive that day, and coping doesn't come out nice and pretty sometimes. And you feel bad and broken, and retreat. And then they do something nice and you feel you don't deserve it, and it's just going to make it harder when they do leave and you just have to shut them out because otherwise you'll get stomped on again.

I know it's hard to deal with people with depression, anxiety etc - I know because I find it hard to deal with me lol. But I'm never doing it on purpose and I'm never trying to hurt someone. It's all reaction and coping, and it sucks.

Just try and stick with them - ignore the behaviour that hurt you as best you can. Kevin's idea is awesome! No pressure, and if you can find some unique cards it could be fun.

And use the gift stuff you bought for yourself if you can lol.
I am trying so hard lol.... incidentally, the stuff I got (which includes adult coloring books) actually makes my anxiety worse lolol