View Single Post
Old 06-14-2006, 10:46 PM
GreekChat Member

Terminology Confusion

I plan on rushing in the fall so I've been researching all of the sororities on my campus. On the Kappa Kappa Gamma website, it says: "A reference is required to pledge Kappa Kappa Gamma and chapters have the responsibility to obtain reference information about each potential new member." This struck me as odd since our school says that recommendations are NOT required to rush.

Is the required reference different from the optional recommendation? Or are the terms being used interchangeably? If they're different, is the reference something I should worry about now, or only if I were to go through rush and be matched with KKG? From the way it's worded, it seems as if the chapter itself is responsible for coming up with a reference.

Maybe I'm reading way too much into it. I'm a science major so I overthink everything haha. That said, I would really like to be prepared for all the houses this fall and would hate to be cut from a house I loved b/c I was missing something. Any information you ladies could provide would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!