View Single Post
Old 08-17-2017, 12:36 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by clemsongirl View Post
The NIC doesn't control who does and doesn't get to join another organization. They're saying "look, if you get the resignation and another group will take you we won't stand in the way", but most fraternities have a organization rule that they will not take someone previously initiated into another chapter even if they resign their membership. You'll have to have your friends ask if their national headquarters allows that.

Is your current chapter at the new school? If not, and you transfer and retain your membership you can potentially, and this is a huge maybe so do not consider it a first option, ask your national org if there's any chance your organization could colonize there. That depends on a billion factors and may not happen, but resigning will guarantee you won't keep this group's membership and getting a new one is pretty unlikely.
Ok. I will definitely look into that. And my current chapter is not at the new school. I know I run the risk of being denied membership, but if that is the case I would be inactive so would it not be worth a shot? Thanks for your advice!