View Single Post
Old 08-26-2013, 10:13 AM
GreekChat Member

Ok. Sorry for the delay. I meant to do this last night but what I thought was a quick “let me lay down and get off my feet” ended up being a 9 hour sleep. I think recruitment makes you so tired because it is so emotionally and mentally draining.

So when we met our Rho Chis for our lists everyone was worried, stressed and excited. I had no idea what to think but we had gotten a pep talk to trust the process and I was determined to do that no matter what. I was pretty disappointed when I looked at my list. I was down to 4 houses, but I had some favorites there so I was ok after the initial “what?” So it actually make today a little easier for me although I spent sometime talking to my roommate because she took a really hard cut and was only left with two houses, one being her legacy house. The word on the street is that when you are legacy to a pretty popular house it is not uncommon to basically be wiped out by everyone and this has been the case in her situation. Sad really, because although she likes her legacy house, she was 100% open to most houses.

Ok so for the good part, yesterday I returned to:

Buzz
Barbie
Rex
Woody

Instead of laying out what happened at each party, lets just say I had a really good time at each house. There were no awkward moments and I found the skits a nice break from all the conversation. This was a pretty revealing night because it showed a very different side of each house. Most of the skits were really funny, some showcasing the obvious talent inside each house and some letting the world know that they do not take themselves too seriously. On a completely different note, the transformation these house go through is really amazing. I left last night knowing that I loved the houses I had and I know I had to rank them so I really pondered the choices I had, reviewed my notes on all houses on my list and ranked my houses like this:

Rex
Barbie
Woody
Buzz

No matter what happens later today, I would be happy with any house on this list. Do I love some more that others? Of course, but I also know I have only met a very small percentage of the girls each house represents. My biggest fear today is getting a “release” phone call and I hope that does not happen. I am headed to Barton Springs with some of the girls from my dorm so we can try to not focus on this afternoon. (try being the key word) Again, thanks for reading my story. I can't believe bid day is tomorrow!!!!