View Single Post
Old 08-25-2012, 12:17 PM
GreekChat Member

Round 2 (Service)
After the first round the maximum number of parties would be 12 over a 2 day period. My daughter texted me the morning of the second round with photos of her invites and was excited that she had a full schedule! She was slightly disappointed that only 1 of her top 3 had invited her back (Aspen) but was thrilled at having the opportunity to spend more time at the ones who wanted her back. She felt very blessed and I must give credit to a great Rho Gamma for her extremely positive attitude.

After the end of this 2 day series of parties (7 the first day and 5 the next) my daughter called me with the “required” update. I say “required” because I had to advise that even though I know she is busy with recruitment and the excitement of friends and other students moving in, it did not mean that a 5-10 minute phone call to her mother was out of the question. Fortunately, after this reminder, she made me a priority (at least for 5 minutes). Now I can rest for the night!

I must say, I was very happy to hear that she had a very long list of what she considered interesting possibilities this time. She felt like she clicked well this time around with 8 different houses (including Vienna!). She was glad to have a second chance with them. When I asked what she liked about her top picks she just said the girls were all nice, she had great conversations with them and their houses were gorgeous. Good enough for me! I know she loved hearing about their philanthropies and is looking forward to showing her “charitable” side as she has a real passion for volunteering and missions.

She also had 2 other sororities that she liked enough to want to come back and 2 that she really didn’t feel a connection with. Here are the results:

No question that these are the top 2: Aspen, Curacao
Also Enjoyed: London, Prague, Cabo, Vienna, Cairo, Toronto
Still Interesting 2:Tokyo, Barcelona
Bottom 2:Vancouver, Paris