View Single Post
Old 01-21-2018, 08:10 PM

I'm sorry that things didn't work out as you had hoped.

ISP is a gamble. If you ISP, you run the risk of not matching at all, but if you maximize your options, you run the risk of matching with a chapter you're not happy with - AND being unable to join another sorority for a full year.

On the one hand, I agree with thetalady - you were bound to Minion Mayhem, and you could have pledged and perhaps found a connection with your pledge sisters and with sisters you didn't meet during FR. FR is so short that you couldn't possibly have met every active if the chapter had more than maybe 10 actives. If you did not find that connection, you could have depledged and gone through FR next year.

On the other hand, if you really felt unhappy with MM after pref, you could have ISP'd. It would not have guaranteed you a bid to your first choice, but you would have been free to participate in COB ... if any chapter chose to do COB.

In any case, alea iacta est. You won't be able to participate in COB this year, but you will be able to go through FR next year if you choose to. If you do, I hope you find your home.