View Single Post
Old 08-06-2002, 12:53 AM
GreekChat Member

Hey UC_Berkeley_jr:

O.K., I go to Stanford-but hear me out before you boo me! On the Friday before Big Game, my fraternity has a luncheon in the City (San Francisco for those of you not from the Bay Area), with the Phi Psi's from Cal (the chapter there is inactive right now). Anyway, after the lunch, we all head down to Harrington's, a bar in the Financial District, where a LOT of Cal fraternities go after their luncheons. IT IS A BLAST!!!There are like four or five bars in the area, and the Cal people ALWAYS outnumber the Stanford people! But, at the bar we go to, the Sigma Chi's from Cal go there also, and they are the COOLEST bunch of Cal guys that I have ever met! They are SO much fun, that I would recommend those men to anyone who is rushing a fraternity at Cal! I mean, if I had attended Cal, then they would be at the top of my list! They are SO much better than the Stanford Sigs-who are, shall we say,a bit elitist (after all, Ben Savage who was on "Boy Meets World" is currently a Sig at Stanford, and Tiger Woods also joined before he went pro!). I don't dislike the Stanford Sigs, they just occupy a different social status than the other houses on campus. But anyway, good luck with rush, and GO CARDINAL!!!

...The Stanford Axe...it's been SEVEN years since Cal has seen it...