Thread: vandy rush
View Single Post
Old 11-10-2005, 01:03 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Rollergirl2001
Re: Re: vandy rush

Quote:
Originally posted by exlurker
Recruitment at Vanderbilt is competitive. Don't take my word for it; check out what the Office of Greek Life says in the "Parents" section of its website:

". . .the system of fraternity/sorority recruitment at Vanderbilt is competitive. Not everyone who wants to be Greek will receive a bid."

About recommendations: if you check out some of the websites for sorority chapters at Vandy, you will see that some of them have officers with titles like "reference chair." Recommendations (or "references") from alums are in fact helpful at Vandy. Please take the advice that others have given and try to get at least one recommendation for each sorority. Lots of the women going through recruitment will have them, and you should too, if possible. Best wishes.
Southern schools are competitive, period, regardless of school size or conference affilation (i.e. SEC, Conference USA). The school that I attend is not a SEC school and it has over 20,000 students, but rush is competitive.

Defiently get recs and know what your chances are of getting a bid. Just because you get a rec, doesn't mean you'll receive a bid.

Good luck!